Dr. Bohnert and Dr. Geiger are caring general and family dentists who stress prevention. By deterring disease and decay through professional cleanings, regular checkups, and other preventive treatments, you’ll maintain a beautiful, healthy smile and a happy, healthy life.
Physicians increasingly urge their patients to attend regular dental exams and cleanings. Why? Because research shows that gum disease can contribute to diabetes, heart disease, stroke, pre-term birth, osteoporosis, and more. So, comprehensive preventive care is crucial to long-term oral and overall health. According the American Dental Association, your teeth should be cleaned two to four times a year.
At your preventive dentistry visit, we’ll:
- Clean your teeth with a gentle touch
- Check for gum (periodontal) disease
- Take digital X-rays to detect decay, cysts, and /or abscesses
- Examine fillings for leaks or cracks
- Scan your teeth for cavities with a non-invasive DIAGNOdent laser
- Evaluate cosmetic issues and options
- Conduct an oral cancer screening
Our preventive services also include custom mouthguards to protect smiles from sports-related injury, non-invasive treatment to help patients stop snoring, and oral appliance therapy to eliminate bruxism (teeth grinding). At Southeast Family Dental, we’ve got your oral healthcare needs covered!
Learn more about our preventive services here:
- Gum Disease Therapy
- Sports Mouthguards
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Sealants
- Fluoride Treatments
- Nightguards for Bruxism (Teeth Grinding)
Call Southeast Family Dental today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Bohnert or Dr. Geiger. Our Indianapolis office serves Acton, Beech Grove, Wanamaker, New Palestine, and surrounding areas with customized care for lasting smiles.