When we think of the Christmas holidays, several things come to mind. Family, faith, friends, and fun top the list, for sure. But part of all the festivities is the giving of gifts to those we care about most. That’s also when the age-old problem comes up: What gift should I give?
Some may argue that dental gifts won’t be popular, but we say there are several different ideas and some that will be enjoyed all year round.
Dental products are Christmas gifts that keep on giving
Oral health is a critical element in overall, general health, which makes dental health products prime targets for gift-giving. Anything that improves dental and oral health will always have a positive impact on life. We have all heard how the improvements in dental hygiene have increased longevity for people. Who can ever forget the statistics that say daily flossing can add about 6.4 years to the length of your life? With that in mind, here are several suggestions for legitimate Christmas gift ideas:
An Electric Toothbrush
The top-rated electric toothbrush on Amazon is the Philips Sonicare HX6810/50 but there are numerous brands with different brushing options to choose from. All will work well. We also suggest you include a few replacement heads. These can be a great idea for kids and there are several that come with free apps to track brushing.
Water Pik or Electric Flosser
Nothing says love like an electric flosser. We say that because flossing is one of the oral health regimens that people don’t do regularly enough, and it is so, so important. Another great gift for children or teenagers with braces! If you like to shop on Amazon, look no further than the Waterpik WP-660 Water Flosser.
This might be a touchy one, maybe even considered a gift for the giver instead of the recipient. However, for the couple that battles the snoring issue, a guard might be one thing that gets you more rest and less aggravation. Start with something simple like the ZQUIET Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece Solution or contact any of the dentists at Southeast Family Dental for a personal recommendation.
If you have caught a loved one doing the “tissue test” to see where their teeth fall on the whiteness scale, the Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips could be the perfect gift for Christmas. They will love you every time they look in the mirror and show off those pearly whites.
You can also contact Southeast Family Dental for a or professional whitening service.
Other “Fun” Dental Gifts for Children
Besides an electric toothbrush or water pick, there are other “fun” options for dental gifts for children that can get them excited about taking care of their teeth.
Play-Doh Doctor Drill ‘n Fill Set
Your kids probably already love Play-Doh so why not teach them good dental habits with this Play-Doh Doctor Drill ‘n Fill Set?
What you can do with the Play-Doh Doctor Drill ‘n Fill Set:
- Play dentist with the classic Play-Doh Doctor Drill ‘n Fill set
- Keep the fun buzzing and fight cavities with the electric drill
- Create silly Play-Doh teeth with the tooth mold
- Roll braces with the stamping roller
- Squeeze silly toothpaste through the toothbrush
Barbie Careers Dentist Playset
Play out a variety of health care careers with this Barbie Careers Dentist Playset – because she knows you can be anything! Barbie doll is ready to see patients with furniture for a stylish office, accessories to play out an exam and a toddler to care for. Inspired by a typical dentist’s office, details are realistic with signature-style touches for classic Barbie fun.
- Explore the world of health care with Barbie dentist playset
- The Barbie dentist doll is ready to see patients in a striped shirt, pink pants, matching shoes and white dentist’s coat
- A sleek patient chair and colorful sink tower with faucet, shelves and lamp make a stylish office
- Themed accessories include dental tool, toothbrush, toothpaste tube and tooth model
- A toddler patient doll wears a cute fashion and matching shoes of her own
Budget Dental Gifts for Children That Won’t Break the Bank
- Toothbrushes that light up
- Toothbrushes that play tunes
- Toothpaste that comes in colors (Crayola Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste, Fruit Explosion)
- Fun floss picks
Dentist Appreciation Gifts
What about dental gifts for your friends in the dental business? They’ll be sure to love (and laugh at) these fun dental gifts:
- “Same Spit Different Day” merchandise
- Jumbo Squishy Tooth – Stress Relief
- Dentist Nutritional Facts Funny Coffee Mug
- Teeth-Shaped Pots – White Ceramic Succulent Planter Pots
- Floss Boss Wine Glass
Dental Stocking Stuffers
If you don’t want to wrap up dental products as gifts for Christmas, consider them as stocking stuffers. Fun and useful, too! In addition, we have a few tips for other stocking stuffers that promote good dental and oral health for kids (and people) of all ages!
- Choose chocolate candy over sticky candies
- Sugar-free gum (Ice Breakers Ice Cubes)
- Pretzels or fish crackers in mini packages
- An apple or orange to maintain health and holiday tradition!
We know that the holidays aren’t all about Christmas gifts, but remember that dental health gifts really are gifts that say, “I love you.”